This South African broodjie is the South African version of a grilled cheese sandwich. This sandwich is typically served at the end of a South African barbeque. People eat this standing around a fire with a beer.
- 2 slices of white bread
- Cahill’s White Vintage Cheddar
- Red Onion
- White Pepper
- Mango Chutney
- Place two slices of white bread on a chopping board
- Butter both sides of the bread heavily
- Grate some Cahill’s Vintage cheese and sprinkle over the buttered bread
- Chop some red onion and tomato & place on the broodjie
- Shake some white pepper over the broodjie
- Add a dollop of mango chutney for extra flavour
- Encase the two slices of bread together
- Place on the BBQ fire pit for a few minutes until golden and crispy
- Serve and enjoy around the fire!