This sandwich is served in a brioche bun with taco mayo, smashed avocado and Cahill’s Chilli and Black Pepper cheese. The creamy avocado against the seasoning of the crumb is divine and the kick of spice from the chilli cheddar works perfectly.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 160ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp paprika, garlic granules, ground black pepper & garlic granules
- 60g plain flour
- 30 cornflour
- 1 tbsp paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper & garlic granules
- To prepare marinade, mix the buttermilk with 1 tsp of the above spices in a medium sized bowl.
- Slice the chicken fillet lengthways then beaten to flatten.
- Place both pieces of chicken into the buttermilk mix and leave to marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the deep fat fryer to 180 Degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cornflour and spices.
- Add 4-5 tbsp of buttermilk marinade to the flour mix and stir to form lumps.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and dredge in flour making sure the chicken is fully coated.
- Fry in deep fat fryer for approx. 6 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Served in a brioche bun with Cahills Cheese and salad of your choice.
- Serve with chips & enjoy!