Bacon & Egg Cheese Puffs the perfect breakfast treat. This pastry recipe is very easy to make and are simply delicious. Our Chives cheddar paired wonderfully with the pastry and eggs adding a beautiful sharp taste.
- Pre-Rolled Pastry (6 Squares)
- 2 Eggs
- Spring Onion
- Cahill’s Chives Cheddar
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 knobs of butter
- Bacon Rashers
- Ballymaloe Relish
- Egg Wash
- Place your pre-rolled shop bought pastry on your baking tray and divide into six even squares.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add a splash of milk to the eggs
- Chop up your spring onion finely and add to the mix.
- Grate Cahill’s Chives Cheddar to the mixture.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add 2 knobs of butter to make the scramble egg runny.
- Cook the scramble eggs mixture in a pan on low heat.
- While the eggs are cooking fry a few slices of bacon (rashers).
- Allow to cool and cut into small pieces.
- Add the bacon bits to the finished scramble egg.
- Add Ballymaloe Relish to line the middle of the pastry.
- Add the scramble egg mixture to the pre-rolled pastry.
- Assemble, fold, seal and brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 180 C for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve & Enjoy!